Thursday, December 11, 2008

Samsung NC10 battery usage

I did a simple experiment to test how long the NC10 6-cell battery lasts during a normal work day in the office.

I turned off all the power saving features like LCD dimming etc, set the brightness to 4/8 (mid-way), and connected to the office network via wifi. I used it for reading news on websites, watching about 3-4 youtube videos, some word processing and some downloads and installs of apps like adobe reader, java etc.

I took readings of the battery status every half-hour. Overall, non-stop usage got me around 5.5 hours on a full charge before the NC10 went into hibernation.



I guess I could have saved more battery power if I turned the LCD brightness to 3/8. One thing I noticed about the NC10 brightness, it's really very bright, even at setting of 2/8, it's still quite useable, if a bit on the dim side. For me setting at 3/8 is just right.

Also, I did plug my usb drive in at one point, which probably sucked a fair amount of battery power.