Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Samsung NC10 has landed in Singapore

After placing an order at Amazon US almost 2 weeks ago, my white Samsung NC10 has arrived in Singapore.
 


My first impression... this is a sweet machine. The build quality is excellent. The whole thing just feels solid in my hands. 



The white version is kind of semi gloss, almost like a pearl shine effect. Really classy. That said, I still prefer the black though, because as all things white, it will attract stains and grime, and eventually the white will become beige with age. 

The screen is really bright! I currently have it set on 3 bars out of 8, and it's already bright enough for anyone. Not only that, with the screen set at brightness 3, the battery status is reporting a whooping 8 hours for the stock 6 cell that came with the NC10. 

In my opinion, this is without doubt one of the better netbooks you can get at the moment. Sadly, its not on sale in Singapore, so if you want one be prepared to pay the premium to have it imported and owned without warranty support.

I'll follow up this post with another more detailed review soon. Watch out for it!

d.